Thursday, October 24, 2013
Sunday, May 5, 2013
1. The registered head quarters of the Institution in Dhaka, the Capital City of the Peoples Republic of Bangladesh.
2. The Institution is administered by the Central Executive Committee (CEC) from the head quarters thorough District/ Thana/ Unit Committees.
1. In 1946, the subordinate Engineers Association was formed by the qualified service holders having certificates of upper subordinate course & overseer course of 4 years duration and also
certificate from City & Guides, London.
2. Since it was decided that Ahsanullah School of Engineering Dhaka would be provided with a Degree Course on of Engineering, the students of Diploma-in-Engineering classes demanded higher education.
3. The Ahsanullah School of Engineering was renamed as Ashanullah Engineering College with Bachelor Degree Course of 4 years duration in Engineering after passing I, Sc. or H.S.C examination and the duration of Engineering Diploma Course had been reduced to 3 years with the same contents and renamed it as Licentiate in Engineering under Dhaka University.
4. Provision, however, had been made for those Diploma Engineers having an initial qualification of Intermediate to undergo two and a half years schooling in a condensed course to get the Bachelor Degree in Engineering.
5. Early in 1955, 2 polytechnic Institutes were established by the Ford Foundation in the then Pakistan, one in Karachi and the other in Dhaka, with a duration of 3 years course according to the syllabus of Oklahoma State University, Still water, USA. The certificate issued by the then Technical Education Board was Associated in Engineering having provision to undergo B.S course in USA and also in U.K.
6. The students of Ahsanullah Engineering College as well as Dhaka Polytechnic Institute demanded higher education during the regime of the erstwhile Government of Pakistan too.